The purpose of this data protection policy (hereinafter “the Policy”) is to explain how we collect your personal data through our various channels (such as our websites, customer relation centers, and possibly our stores). It also contains information about the type of data collected, how and why we process said data, to ensure that it is used to meet your needs in the best possible manner.
- “We” or “Us”: refers to our company and its service providers located in France or abroad.
- "You": refers to any person or entity using our Services, whether or not for a fee.
Our commitment regarding the protection of personal data
- We endeavor to collect only the personal data required for the intended processing and uses, and for the purposes described in this Policy;
- If it is not mandatory to keep your data and if it is no longer necessary to process your personal data, we will erase it;
- We respect your rights to privacy and undertake not to sell your data;
- We aim to be transparent regarding our use of your personal data;
- Please note that some of your data may be required to give you access to certain Services. However, you are not obliged to provide us with the personal data that we request.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data by all digital means; our websites, the pages devoted to our company’s goods or brands on the Internet or on social media, electronic communications or your interactions with the banner advertisements of our company’s brands. All your exchanges with our Customer Services departments also enable us to collect information about you. We use also cookies to collect certain data in order to have a better understanding of your browsing patterns and actions on our websites. In other cases, you communicate your information to us directly when you contact us, when you make a purchase on our websites, during in-store activities, in trade fairs, by filling offline registration forms or by taking part in market surveys.
Which personal data do we collect?
We can collect various types of information from you, which differ according to the purposes, as described below, depending on your mode of interaction and communication with us (online, offline, telephone, etc.):
- Personal and demographic details, including: surname, first name, gender, e-mail address, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, places of residence;
- Technical information on the devices you use to access our websites or applications such as the operating system and the Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Data about your use of our websites / applications: last website visited, pages consulted, advertisements on which you have clicked;
- Information that you share directly with us about your experience as a consumer (market surveys, content shared on social media or on any of our websites);
- Financial and payment data, which we need to honor an order;
- Telephone interactions between You and our Customer Service departments;
- Interactions between You and Us during trade fairs;
- Applications: your personal and demographic details described above, your curriculum vitae and any appendices thereto, any information about your motivation and background and, in general, all the information needed to study your profile with regard to our human resources needs.
- We have no reason to collect or process sensitive personal data (e.g. health data) within the framework of our regular commercial activities.
What is our policy regarding children’s personal data?
We believe that it is extremely important to protect the privacy of children accessing the Internet, and we encourage parents or guardians to spend time with them to take part in and supervise their online activities.
On some of our websites, access to the website and/or the creation of an account are reserved for persons over 18 years.
Therefore, you should ensure that your children do not give their personal data or your personal data on the Internet without your prior authorization. Indeed, any person under 18 may only communicate their personal data through a parent or guardian, with their express consent. You have the right to check, modify or erase your child’s personal data at any time. You may also ask for the deletion of the your child’s data, by sending a letter to the address given in the contacts section indicated in Question 9 – “What are your rights and how can you exercise them?” ».
What do we do with your personal data?
Please find out, in the table below, the reasons why we collect and process your personal data, as well as the various types of personal data collected for each purpose. Please note that certain persons may not be concerned by some of the uses listed below.
Do we disclose your personal data and why?
When we are required to share your data with other organizations (such as service providers), we ensure that these organizations also have a data protection policy to protect your data.
As set forth in “1. Our commitment regarding the protection of personal data”, your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed for purposes other than those described in the Policy. Therefore, unless you have given your consent, we will not sell your personal data to third-party firms for their own marketing purposes. However, your data may be communicated if required, for example, by law or by State authorities. In the event of a transfer of activity from our company to another company, the legal transferee will have access to the data held by the transferor entity and, therefore, to some of your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will only be kept by us for the period reasonably required for the purposes described in this Policy. The criteria we use to determine how long to keep your personal:
- We will keep your personal data in a format that enables your identification throughout the period of your participation in a loyalty scheme or special offer or throughout the whole term of our contractual relations;
- If you contact us with a request, we will keep your personal data throughout the period required to process your request;
- If you create an account, we will keep your personal data until you ask us to erase it or until the end of a period of inactivity (no active interaction with the brands) defined in accordance with local regulations and instructions;
- Applications: If you contact us to send us your CV and other information about your motivation and background (hereinafter "Application data"), we will keep your Application data for as long as is necessary to assess your application. If your application is unsuccessful, your Application data will be kept for the period indicated on the relevant job application forms or as indicated in the reply letter or e-mail sent to you. If your application is successful and you are recruited, your Application data will be kept for the duration of your stay with us.
Your personal data may, however, be kept for longer as part of specific legal obligations or in accordance with the applicable legal limitation period.
Beyond the storage periods indicated above, your personal data will either be safely erased from all our databases, or made anonymous.
How do we protect, store and transfer your personal data?
We use all necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the confidentiality and safety of your personal data. Please note, however, that these measures do not concern the information that you choose to share in public spaces, especially on third-party social media.
As regards your financial data, we apply the industry’s standards in terms of protection and we respect the legal obligations. Your information is encrypted when you make online purchases on our websites.
You may also help us to guarantee the protection of your data by using the confidentiality settings of our websites, by choosing a complicated password for your connection and by being careful when connecting to your account on a public device.
Storing and processing your personal data requires that your personal data be transferred, at a certain time, and stored in a country other than your country of residence. Personal data may be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). If this is the case, we will endeavor to ensure that this international transfer of data is performed with the appropriate level and guarantee of security. The guarantees we use to protect the international transfers of data include (i) standard contractual clauses validated by the European Commission, (ii) certification mechanisms to establish that the third parties located outside of the EEA process the personal data in accordance with the Regulations.
What are your rights and your choices; how can you use them?
It is important for us that you may exercise your rights and make the most informed choices possible, as regards the personal data you communicate to us.
In the table below, “you” refers to: “yourself, your descendants, representatives and/or agents”.
You may use these rights as indicated in the relevant pages of this website.
We will ask you to enclose a copy of your ID card or any other proof of identity, with your request. If the request is submitted by someone other than you, without any proof that the request is legally made in your name, it will be rejected.
Please note that any information communicated to us will only be processed in accordance with and as authorized by the laws in force.
We will process and analyze any claim concerning the way we manage your personal data (including a claim indicating that we have infringed your rights according to privacy laws).
Amendments to our Policy
In the event of a change in the way in which we manage and process your personal data, we will update this Policy. We reserve the right to change our methods and to amend this Policy at any time. Please regularly check the availability of our Policy updates or amendments.